Honey Mustard Chicken with Crispy Bacon
Who doesn’t love a great piece of chicken, crispy bacon coupled with creamy sharp cheddar cheese. As you know I love taking ingredients we use everyday in the kitchen and create something fresh, new, and absolutely delicious! Juicy chicken thighs and a tangy honey mustard marinade will make this recipe a keeper for your family! Let’s get started!
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 ½ C. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 2 C. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp. paprika
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl and whip until blended, about 30 seconds.
- Place the chicken thighs in a zip lock bag and pour 2/3 of the marinade over the meat, seal and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Place the remaining marinade in a container and place in the refrigerator.
- Remove from the chicken from the marinade solution and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place an oven proof skillet on the stove top and heat 1 Tbsp of canola oil over medium high heat.
- Sear the chicken in the pan until golden brown on each side, 4 minutes each depending on heat.
- Remove the PAN from the heat and brush the chicken thighs with the RESERVED honey mustard marinade.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- In a separate pan, heat 2 Tbsp of butter and sauté the sliced mushrooms.
- Top each chicken thigh with equal portions crumbled bacon.
- Top each chicken thigh with equal portions of saute mushrooms.
- Divide the sharp cheddar cheese and place on top of each chicken thigh.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the parsley garnish and serve.
- Recipe of the Day: Yogurt-and-Spice Grilled Chicken Skewers (news.health.com)
- Eat What You Drink: Honey Beer Chicken (thistleandmaize.wordpress.com)
- Chicken and Pineapple Kabobs (tamaraleighauthor.wordpress.com)