Who doesn’t love a great piece of chicken, crispy bacon coupled with creamy sharp cheddar cheese. As you know I love taking ingredients we use everyday in the kitchen and create something fresh, new, and absolutely delicious! Juicy chicken thighs and a tangy honey mustard marinade will make this recipe a keeper for your family! Let’s get started!
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 ½ C. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 2 C. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp. paprika
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl and whip until blended, about 30 seconds.
- Place the chicken thighs in a zip lock bag and pour 2/3 of the marinade over the meat, seal and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Place the remaining marinade in a container and place in the refrigerator.
- Remove from the chicken from the marinade solution and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place an oven proof skillet on the stove top and heat 1 Tbsp of canola oil over medium high heat.
- Sear the chicken in the pan until golden brown on each side, 4 minutes each depending on heat.
- Remove the PAN from the heat and brush the chicken thighs with the RESERVED honey mustard marinade.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- In a separate pan, heat 2 Tbsp of butter and sauté the sliced mushrooms.
- Top each chicken thigh with equal portions crumbled bacon.
- Top each chicken thigh with equal portions of saute mushrooms.
- Divide the sharp cheddar cheese and place on top of each chicken thigh.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the parsley garnish and serve.
Now that the holiday festivities are over, I am more than ready to get back to healthier eating. This contribution to “Healthy Sides” week starts off with the yummy goodness of sweet potatoes! It’s more than the usual roasted yams or whipped sweet potato, it’s a unique twist on a familiar veggie that will leave a big impression. The natural sweetness of the potatoes, the crunch of the pecans, combined with the added kick of the crushed red peppers creates an unexpected “party” at first bite! Taste and enjoy this delightful recipe that boasts a mere 207 calories and 25 grams of carbs per 1/2 cup serving.
1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes (5 cups)
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
3 strips thick-sliced bacon, chopped
1/2 c. red onions, slivered
1/4 c. honey
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 c. pecans, toasted
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp scallions, thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. While the oven is heating, toss the chopped sweet potatoes with the sugar, oil, salt, and crushed red pepper flakes and roast for 30 minutes. Saute the bacon until crisp and remove the fat, but leave the chopped bacon in the pan. Add the silvered red onions and saute for 3 minutes. Add the honey and vinegar until thoroughly combined. Place the roasted sweet potatoes in a bowl and combine the bacon mixture, pecans, lime juice, and scallions. Salt and pepper to taste!
adapted from Cuisine at Home
I am a lover of BEEF! There I said it, I love many types of beef especially rib roast and I think this love has been passed on to my son. As a teenager, we had an unspoken game where he’d try to eat EVERYTHING in sight, and I’d try to create meals where he wasn’t IMMEDIATELY hungry after he ate. I lost MANY MANY times 🙂
Anytime I can find a recipe that screams GOURMET flavor, but utilizes minimal effort it automatically gets a look from me. That’s where this elegant and easy roast comes in. You can’t get much easier, but people will swear you’ve been cooking all day!
5 lb standing rib roast, allowed to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour
1 Tbsp canola oil
2 Tbsp kosher salt
3 Tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
5 fresh minced large garlic cloves
Fresh ground pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and rub the roast with the canola oil and minced garlic. Sprinkle with salt, rosemary, and fresh ground pepper. Place the roast on the rack in the roasting pan with the rib side down and the fatty side up. Roast the meat for 1 hour then turn the oven OFF! Leave the roast in the oven but DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR for 3 hours. 30-40 minutes before serving, turn the oven to 375 degrees and reheat the roast.
*DO NOT remove the roast or re-open the oven door from the time the roast in placed in the oven until it is ready to serve! #BonAppetite