Who doesn’t love a great piece of chicken, crispy bacon coupled with creamy sharp cheddar cheese. As you know I love taking ingredients we use everyday in the kitchen and create something fresh, new, and absolutely delicious! Juicy chicken thighs and a tangy honey mustard marinade will make this recipe a keeper for your family! Let’s get started!
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 ½ C. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 2 C. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp. paprika
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl and whip until blended, about 30 seconds.
- Place the chicken thighs in a zip lock bag and pour 2/3 of the marinade over the meat, seal and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Place the remaining marinade in a container and place in the refrigerator.
- Remove from the chicken from the marinade solution and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place an oven proof skillet on the stove top and heat 1 Tbsp of canola oil over medium high heat.
- Sear the chicken in the pan until golden brown on each side, 4 minutes each depending on heat.
- Remove the PAN from the heat and brush the chicken thighs with the RESERVED honey mustard marinade.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- In a separate pan, heat 2 Tbsp of butter and sauté the sliced mushrooms.
- Top each chicken thigh with equal portions crumbled bacon.
- Top each chicken thigh with equal portions of saute mushrooms.
- Divide the sharp cheddar cheese and place on top of each chicken thigh.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the parsley garnish and serve.
I love sports, especially football, so it is with great sadness that I acknowledge the end of football season with this Sunday’s exhibition of the Super Bowl. In honor of the final match (although it would be better if GREENBAY were playing) I figure why not go out with a BANG and introduce you to the Juicy Bacon Burger! I don’t know if you know this Super Bowl “factoid”, but all foods consumed on Super Bowl Sunday are CALORIE FREE 🙂 with that being said here is a bit of heaven on a bun, kinda…
I don’t always eat burgers, but when I do it’s the Juicy Bacon Burger! This burger is one of the juiciest, most decadent hamburgers I’ve ever eaten or made in my life. How can any sandwich with egg, cheese, and bacon be wrong? To help you get to know me better, I’m not a fan of sandwiches or hamburgers so to endorse this hamburger is a BIG DEAL. This recipe does come with a warning: you will need several napkins and a nice cold beer to enjoy the ultimate burger experience!
- 8 oz ground Short Ribs*
- 8 oz ground Sirloin*
- 8 oz ground Chuck*
- 8 slices smoked bacon, thick cut
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs, fried
- ½ c Red Onions, pickled
- 4 dill pickles, thin sliced
- 4 English muffins, split
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- spicy ketchup (¼ c ketchup combined with ¼ c sriracha, add cayenne pepper to taste)
*If you don’t own a Kitchen Aide mixer with the meat grinding attachment, have your grocery store butcher grind the meats for you.
- Preheat the stovetop grill pan and cook the bacon on medium-high until brown and crispy. Drain the bacon on paper towels while reserving the fat of the bacon in the pan and return it to the stovetop.
- Combine the ground meats in a bowl and season with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper. Shape into patties that are a bit larger than the English muffins. Place the burgers in the hot skillet containing the bacon fat and cook the burgers 3 minutes on each side for doneness that is medium rare. Cook an additional 2 minutes on each side for a well done burger.
- Place the sliced cheddar cheese on top of the flipped burger during the final minutes of cooking. While the burgers are resting (the resting step is VERY important because this is what makes the burgers JUICY), lightly grill the English muffins for 1 minute. Pan fry each egg to your level of doneness (I prefer the yolk to run to add to the “juiciness”).
- Rest a patty on each of the bottom layers of the English muffins, followed by sliced pickles, red onions, fried egg, spicy ketchup and ENJOY!
adapted from Michael Symon