I’ve gotten into the habit of addressing my loved ones with “Good Morning Sunshine” and following it with a wonderful breakfast to start the day…usually eggs. If you never really thought about Eggs you should. A good egg, organic, free range, natural it’s worth the money.
Is she REALLY blogging about how to a basic egg? YES! I cooked some eggs for my boyfriend a couple of weeks ago and you’d think he died and gone to heaven. Literally, he’s been talking about these eggs for WEEKS! “You need to blog about your eggs…I’m serious!” If you can, splurge a bit and purchase the european butter. There is distinct difference in flavor and the eggs are a great place to showcase this fantastic butter.
The best description I can think of is rich, creamy, fluffy, and decadent also know as GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE EGGS 🙂
- 2 large organic or natural eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp fresh chives, optional
- cheese, salsa, sour cream, also optional condiments
- Heat a stainless steel pan on medium high heat.
- While the pan is heating, crack the eggs in a large bowl and whisk.
- Melt the butter in the heated pan and add the whisked eggs BEFORE the butter stops frothing.
- Let the eggs set for 30 seconds and start to whisk them as they cook.
- Add the heavy whipping cream while the eggs are still UNSET and creamy.
- Add the kosher salt and continue to scramble until desired texture is achieved.
- Place cooked eggs on a serving dish.
- Top with your favorite condiment.
- Ramekin Egg’s Oh My! (kathleenf62.wordpress.com)
- Our New Favorite Breakfast: Shirred Eggs (bangordailynews.com)
- Poached eggs (shewolffe.com)