Fridays are made for pizza and what’s better than pizza made at home! If you haven’t noticed many of my recipes are very versatile meaning you can add or change any of the ingredients. If you’re watching your diet, yep this pizza is for you especially since studies show the Mediterranean diet is one of the healthiest diets you can eat! Get creative and let each family member “create” their own pizza!
- 1 package flat bread
- 2 C. fresh baby spinach leaves
- 8 oz cooked chicken breast, chopped
- ½ C. cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ C. feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp walnuts or pine nuts, chopped
- ½ tsp dried oregano, crushed OR 1 ½ tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- ½ tsp dried rosemary, crushed, OR 1 ½ tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- ¹⁄³ C. Red Wine Vinaigrette*recipe follows
Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp shallot, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the flat bread on a large baking sheet.
- Add the spinach, chicken, tomatoes, feta cheese, nuts, and spices.
- Drizzle the pizza with the Red Wine Vinaigrette.
- Bake the pizza 10-15 minutes until the pizza is warm and serve.
- Frugal Foods – Homemade Pizza Sauce (apronsandcammies.com)
- whole wheat pizza dough (bigdawgeats.wordpress.com)
- A Healthy Alternative to an All Time Favorite (diaryofahealthycity.wordpress.com)
- Overnight Pizza: The Gluten-Free Edition (smallchickbigdeals.com)